• Admin
    1. Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ($299)
    Pros:
    - 8MP front camera, best image quality.
    Cons:
    - CANNOT simultaneous capture & charge.
    - Micro USB 2.0 connector. Requires an extra adapter(comes with FCP).
    - Old device which is fading away in the market.

2. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 ($570)
    Pros:
    - Optional simultaneous capture & charge with an USB hub.
    - 9.7-inch large screen.
    Cons:
    - 5MP front camera, the image quality is not as impressive as 8MP ones.
    - Expensive device.

3. Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 ($319)
    Pros:
    - 8MP front camera, best image quality.
    - Optional simultaneous capture & charge with an USB hub.
    Cons:
    - Just available in the US recently. Limited supply.
  • awong1900

Excuse me.
    Bellus3D only support Huawei M3 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, why?

Note: We now want to try some other big-screen android devices.
  • Admin
    You may definitely try. It's just that we haven't test it. The UI or other stuff might be weird.
  • awong1900

OK,Buy android devices need support:
    1.USB OTG
    2.front camera
    or more specification parameters support ?

Thank you.
  • awong1900

Hi,I see developer FAQ introduction in Bellus3D official website:

What devices are supported by the Face Camera Pro?
    The Face Camera Pro requires a high-resolution front-facing color camera (8MP or up recommended), a fast multi-core processor with 3GB of RAM, and USB 2.0 or 3.0 port. Currently only a few selected Android devices are supported. We intend to support more devices when the camera becomes available.

Are there any other parameters?

Thank you.
  • Admin
    I don't think so. Currently we tested on Samsung SM-T820 and Huawei M3 tablet. You may try on other android devices. The UI might be weird since we haven't tested them. Also the performance might be different on different devices.
  • FourDeX
    Any updates on supported hardware. The M3 cannot be charged and working at the same time. The S3 has some rendering issues with our complex app
  • Admin

Are you referring to tablet? We are trying to find more tablet that has good performance and type c cable. Not much progress cuz there are not many new tablets as cell phones. We heard some news about Huawei M5 at MWC, but it probably won't be released very soon.
    If you are talking about cell phone, we had users that use Samsung Note 8 and reported that it worked great.
    Thanks.
    Jia
  • Christopher
    What about the Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite? The screen resolution is not as high, and the processor is different, but it has an 8megapixel camera. Has Bellus 3D tested with the M3 Lite? The cost is about half.
  • Alex P
    Hey ,
    We do not have a M3 Lite to test so I cannot speak to whether it will work or not.

-Alex
  • jzhong
    Hi ,

We just ordered a M3 lite. I will let you know once we test it.

Thanks,
    John
  • Eric
    Huawei M3 seems to be out of stock now so we are checking out alternatives, including M3 Lite 8 and M5. We will keep you posted on both.
  • Eric
    Huawei Mediapad M3 64GB seems to be still available and on sale on NewEgg. I suggest you get them while they last.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834324017&cm_re=huawei_mediapad_m3_64gb-_-34-324-017-_-Product

The image quality from their front color cameras is still the best among the Android tablets that we have tried.
  • Christopher
    Thanks for the tip! I put one in my cart at Newegg this morning when there were two left in stock. When I went to check out just now, I apparently got the last one. I guess these things are going fast!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Bellus3D Face Camera Pro Support Forum!

New users can create a guest account with a valid email address. Please wait up to 24 hours for your account to be approved as a developer or end user account.